§ Mr. Milburn
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what information is held by(a) his Department and (b) the NHS executive on expenditure on trust board and health authority members' allowances. 
§ Mr. Moss
The Department of Health and Social Services determine the rates of travelling and other allowances payable to board members.
The annual accounts of health and social services trusts and health and social services boards are submitted to the management executive. The accounts do not separately identify expenditure on allowances paid to board members. They do, however, identify total board members remuneration and disclose since 1994–95:
- total remuneration of non-executive members
- basic salary of executive members
- performance related pay of executive members
- pension contributions of executive members
- compensation paid for loss of office
- pensions to former directors.