§ 0 Mr. Waldegrave
[pursuant to his reply, 24 November 1994, column 311]: I regret that some of the information provided in my answer of 24 November 1994 to this question was inaccurate. A revised list showing non-departmental public bodies abolished, or reclassified, between 1979 and 1993 is as follows. This has been checked as thoroughly as possible without incurring disproportionate cost.
Public bodies abolished since 1979
- 1. Advisory Council for Agriculture and Horticulture in England and Wales.
- 2. Farm Settlements Advisory Committee for Selection of Tenants.
- 3. Plant Variety Rights Advisory Panels (12).
- 4. Poultry Disease Panel.
- 5. Torry Research Station Advisory Committee.
- 1. Advisory Committee on the Banana Trade (replaced by Banana Trade Advisory Committee).
- 2. Tate and Lyle Customer Safeguards Committee.
- 1. White Fish Authority (abolished October 1981 and replaced by SFIA).
- 2. Agricultural Construction Industry Liaison Group.
- 1. Thames Barrier Advisory Team.
- 2. Flood Protection Research Committee.
- 1. Committee on Artificial Insemination of Cattle.
- 2. 'Food Additives and Contaminants Committee'. and 'Food Standards Committee' amalgamated to form 'Food Advisory Committee'.
- 3. Fisheries R and D Board.
- 4. Kew Scientific Advisory Panel.
- 5. Scientific Panel for Fertilisers and Feeding Stuffs.
- 6. Wakehurst Place Consultative Panel.
- 7. Central Council for Agricultural and Horticultural Co-operation (functions taken over by 'Food from Britain', March 1983).
1. Joint Consultative Organisation for R and D in Agriculture and Food (abolished May 1984—replaced by Priorities Board for R and D in Agriculture and Food).
Agriculture Chemicals Approval Scheme Scientific Advisory Committee.
- 1. National Seeds Development Organisation Ltd. (sold to the private sector).
- 2. Agricultural Economics Technical Committee (renamed Agricultural Economics Commissioned Work Advisory Committee, not classified as NDPB).
Apple and Pear Development Council (replaced by Apple and Pear Research Council).
Reading Cattle Breeding Centre Advisory Committee.
Land Settlement Association Ltd.
- 1. Agricultural Statistics Consultative Committee.
- 2. Experimental Centre Advisory Committees in England and Wales ('Husbandry Farms' and 'Horticulture Stations').
- 3. Area VII White Fish Industry Advisory Committee (change of status).
- I. Steering Group on Chemical Aspects of Food Surveillance (reclassified).
- 2. Banana Trade Advisory Committee.