HC Deb 02 February 1995 vol 253 cc846-7W
Mr. Morley

To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food if he will make a statement on the current situation as regards dredging off the Docking shoal; whether he has given permission to dredge in this area; and what other areas the National Rivers Authority has applied to dredge.

Mr. Jack

Licences for dredging of marine aggregates are issued by the Crown Estate. A Government view on each application is co-ordinated by the Department of the Environment.

The Ministry will in due course be providing its contribution to the Government view on an application from the NRA to dredge Docking shoal. The NRA has also applied to the Crown Estate for a licence to dredge an area known as Race bank.

Forward to