§ Mr. Dobson
To ask the Attorney-General if he will list all qualitative and quantitative research projects and surveys carried out for his Department into aspects of public attitudes and opinions(a) in general and (b) in relation to specific policy proposals in each of the past three years to December 1995, indicating for each project or survey (i) the date on which the research was commissioned, (ii) the amount which his Department spent, (iii) who carried out the research, (iv) the number of people surveyed or taking part, (v) the location and time scale and (vi) which individuals and organisations have been given access to the findings.
§ The Attorney-General
The Crown Prosecution Service has carried out one survey of public opinion in the three years to December 1995. This was designed to examine public awareness of, and attitudes towards, the CPS. The details requested arc as follows:
- (i) date commissioned: March 1993
- (ii) cost: £2.200
- (iii) researcher: Office of Population Censuses and Surveys
- (iv) number of people surveyed: about 1800 adults
- (v) location and time scale: throughout England and Wales: one month
- (vi) individuals/organisations given access: the Director of Public Prosecutions and her Management Board, CPS Press and Publicity, Policy Group.