HC Deb 07 December 1995 vol 268 c379W
Mr. Hayes

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what research his Department has(a) evaluated and (b)commissioned into the amount of tar, nicotine and carbon monoxide in tobacco products other than manufactured cigarettes; if he will list the available data; and if he will make a statement. [3979]

Mr. Horam

On behalf of the Department of Health, the Laboratory of the Government Chemist has carried out research on the tar, nicotine and carbon monoxide content of hand-rolling tobaccos. A report on this work is in the course of preparation and will be submitted for publication in an appropriate scientific journal.

Forward to