HC Deb 06 December 1995 vol 268 c226W
Ms Coffey

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what advice he has given to representatives of placing local authorities about communicating concerns about poor practice in unregistrable children's homes to area local authorities. [4283]

Mr. Bowis

LAC(93)16, copies of which are available in the Library, advises that authorities placing children in homes in a different area must inform the geographical authority about the placement and that authority should inform themselves about the welfare of those children.

The guidance "Working Together Under the Children Act 1989" issues to local authorities advises that where abuse by a member of staff in a children's home is suspected the local social services department should be informed immediately.