§ Mr. Hague
The information requested is as follows. For the period 1979 to 1988 the information relates to those social security public bodies for which the then Department of Health and Social Security was responsible.
- Advisory Steering Group on Resettlement
- Family Fund
- Invalid Three-Wheeler and Wheelchair Repair Maintenance Liaison Group
- Review of Artificial Limb and Appliance Centres
- Supplementary Benefit Appeal Tribunal Advisory Group
- Medical Boarding Centres, including Pneumoconiosis Medical Panels
In addition, the attendance allowance board has been replaced by the disability living allowance advisory board; the national insurance advisory committee and the Supplementary Benefits Commission have been replaced by the social security advisory committee; and the national insurance local tribunals and the supplementary benefit appeal tribunals have been replaced by the Social Security Appeal Tribunals.
§ Mr. Hague
In 1979, the then Department of Health and Social Security was responsible for 97 non-departmental public bodies, as listed in the "Report on Non-Departmental Public Bodies"—Pliatzky Report Cmnd. 7797, January 1980–15 of which were concerned with social security matters. At 1 April 1993, the latest year for which data is available, the Department of Social Security was responsible for 12 non-departmental public bodies, as listed in "Public Bodies 1993".