§ Mr. Hanley
The chief executive of the Army Base Repair Organisation Agency—ABRO—has been set the following key targets for 1994–95.
- 1. To complete the repair programme to the plan as agreed on 1 April 1994.
- 2. Implement an automated, full cost accrual accounting system by 31 March 1995.
- 3. Within the overall total quality management (TQM) philosophy adopted by ABRO, to achieve ISO 9002 pre-assessment by 31 March 1995 in the HQ and all workshops.
- 4. To complete the market test of ABRO services in the eastern district by 31 March 1995. (Subject to review and revalidation following the outcome of the Defence costs study recommendations).
- 5. To reduce by 5 per cent. the 1993–94 ratio of labour costs to hours of production by 31 March 1995.