§ Mr. Heathcoat-Amory
The General Affairs Council has had a number of discussions aimed at making the550W European Union more open and accountable, which led to agreements at the end of last year on the publication of votes and public access to documents. The United Kingdom strongly supports these moves.
§ Mr. Heathcoat-Amory
The following meetings are planned:
- 6 May: Development Council
- 16 May: ECOFIN Council
- 16/17 May: FAC Council
- 25 May: Energy Council
- 26 May: Education Council
- 27 May: Tourism Council
- 30 May: Telecommuncations Council
- 30/31 May: Agriculture Council
(a) Development Council: 6 MayAgenda not yet available.
(b) ECOFIN Council: 16 May
- White Paper on Growth, Competitiveness and Employment.
- Recent developments in the European Economy.
- Financial assistance to Central and Eastern Europe and to the Former Soviet Union.
- Deposit Guarantee.
- Preparation for Joint meeting with Central and Eastern European Finance Ministers at 6 June ECOFIN.
(c) Foreign Affairs Council: 16–17 May
- White Paper follow-up.
- CFSP financing.
- EC/Egypt: preparation of Cooperation Council.
- Preparation of EEA Council.
- Russia: partnership agreement.
- Relations with Ukraine.
- Relations with Switzerland.
- Stability Pact: economic incentives.
- Relations with EP in Titles V and VI of the Treaty of European Union.
- (Possible) Textiles: inward processing relief.
- (Possible) Classified documents.
- (Possible) Committee of Regions: Rules of Procedure.
- (Possible) Enlargement: Council decision under Article 0 of the Treaty of European Union.
- Public access to Council documents.
- Site of European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training.
- In the margins:
- Cooperation Council with Egypt.
- EEA Council.
(d) Energy Council: 25 May
- Electricity liberalisation: Orientation Debate.
- Energy TENs Guidelines: Political Agreement. Energy Policy.
- Energy and Cohesion: Council conclusions.
- Nuclear Safety assistance for Central and Eastern Europe and for the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- Energy Charter Treaty: stocktake.
- (Possible) Commission proposal on Thermie II: Commission presentation.
(e) Education Council: 26 MayAgenda not yet arrived.
(f) Tourism Council: 27 May551WAgenda not yet arrived.
(g) Telecommunications Council: 30 MayAgenda not yet arrived.
(h) Agriculture Council: 30–31 May
- Plant Breeders rights.
- (Possible) Uniform Principles.
- (Possible) Price Fixing.
- (Possible) Milk Quotas.
- (Possible) Wine Regime.
- (Possible) Revision of rules on structural support.