§ Lord Gainford
asked Her Majesty's Government:
When they will announce the composition of the medical panel to investigate health effects claimed to arise from organophosphorus sheep dip exposure.
I am pleased to announce that the following members have been appointed to the medical and scientific panel, which is being established to look into reports of long term health effects claimed to arise from organophosphorus sheep dip exposure:—
The panel, which will act as a sub-committee to the Veterinary Products Committee, will hold its first meeting on 31 March. We look forward to receiving its advice on the issues it will be addressing.
- Dr. D. N. Bateman BSc, MB BS, MRCS, MD, FRCP (Chairman)
- Professor P. G. Blain PhD, BMedSci, MB BS, FIBiol, MFOM, FRCP (London), FRCP (Edinburgh)
- Dr. R. W. Brimblecombe PhD, DSc, FRCPath, FIBiol
- Professor S. J. W. Evans BS Hons, MSc
- Dr. G. A. Jamal MBChB(Hons), MD, PhD, FRCP (Glasgow)
- Dr. M. K Johnson PhD, BSc, ARCS, ARIC
- Professor M. Lader DSc, PhD, MD, FRCPsych
- Dr. T. C. Marrs MB BS, MSc, MD, MIBiol,
- DipRCPath (Tox), FRCPath, FIBiol
- Dr. R. G. Rawbone MB BS, LRCP, MRCS
- Professor P. K. Thomas CBE, DSc, MD, FRCP, FRCPath