§ Mr. Willetts
To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food when she will be able to announce the composition of the medical panel to investigate health effects claimed to arise from organophosphorus sheep dip exposure; and if she will make a statement.
§ Mr. Soames
I am pleased to announce that the following members have been appointed to the medical and scientific panel, which is being established to look into reports of long term health effects claimed to arise from organophosphorus sheep dip exposure.
- Dr. D. N. Bateman, BSc, MB BS, MRCS, MD, FRCP(Chairman)
- Professor P. G. Blain, Phd, BMedSci, MB BS, FIBiol, MFOM, FRCP (London), FRCP (Edinburgh)
- Dr. R. W. Brimblecombe, PhD, DSc, FRCPath, FIBiol
- Professor S. J. W. Evans, BS Hons, MSc
- Dr. G. A. Jamal, MBChB(Hons), MD, PhD, FRCP (Glasgow)
- Dr. M. K. Johnson PhD, BSc, ARCS, ARIC
- Professor M. Lader, DSc, PhD, MD, FRCPsych
- Dr. T. C. Mans, MB BS, MSc, MD, MIBiol, DipRCPath (Tox), FRCPath, FIBiol
- Dr. R. G. Rawbone, MB BS, LRCP, MRCS
- Professor P. K. Thomas, CBE, DSc, MD, FRCP, FRCPath
The panel, which will act as a sub-committee to the Veterinary Products Committee, will hold its first meeting on 31 March. I look forward to receiving its advice on the issues it will be addressing.