HC Deb 02 March 1994 vol 238 c737W
Mrs. Golding

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what checks are carried out to ensure that convicted child abusers are unable to work with, or set up, charities whose work brings them into contact with children.

Mr. Charles Wardle

Police checks may be carried out on those who have applied to work with certain national voluntary child care charities which are members of the Voluntary Organisations Consultancy Service, where the nature of the work involves substantial access to children. The current review by the Home Office of arrangements for access to criminal records for vetting purposes may result in checks being made more widely available to the voluntary child care sector.

Forward to