§ Dr. Wright
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if he will give details of the public appointments he is responsible for making in addition to those identified in "Public Bodies 1993", including non-executive agency and other departmental management boards.
§ Mr. Norris
Additional public appointments made by my right hon. Friend are:
- Acting Conservator of the River Mersey;
- The Honorary Medical Advisory Panel on Driving and Alcohol and Drug Misuse—chairman and four members;
- The Honorary Medical Advisory Panel on Driving and Disorders of the Cardiovascular System—chairman and six members;
- The Honorary Medical Advisory Panel on Driving and Diabetes—chairman and six members;
- The Honorary Medical Advisory Panel on Driving and Disorders of the Nervous System—chairman and 10 members; and
- Some chairmen and from one to 10 members of 17 port authorities and harbour boards.
My right hon. Friend also appoints the rail regulator and the Director of Passenger Rail Franchising, both of whom head non-ministerial Government Departments.
My right hon. Friend appoints external members of executive agencies advisory boards. Currently there are seven such members:
- Driving Standards Agency (1)
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (3)
- Transport Research Laboratory (1)
- Vehicle Certification Agency (1)
- Vehicle Inspectorate executive agency (1)
He expects to be making appointments of external members to the advisory boards of the Highways Agency, the Marine Safety Agency and the Coastguard Agency which are due to be established on 1 April 1994.