§ Mr. Key
In the last 10 years the Department of Transport has commissioned three reports from the Standing Advisory Committee on Trunk Road Assessment, as well as asking for advice on various specific trunk road appraisal issues. Two reports have been published; "Urban Road Appraisal" dated June 1986, and "Assessing the Environmental Impact of Road Schemes" dated March 1992. A copy of each has been placed in the Library. The third, "Trunk Roads and the Generation of Traffic" which has recently been submitted to the Secretary of State, will be published when a response has been prepared. A copy of the report and Government response will be placed in the Library at that time.
§ Mr. Key
The terms of appointment of the members of the Standing Advisory Committee on Trunk Road Assessment ended on submission of the report, "Trunk Roads and the Generation of Traffic" in May 1994. A new committee has yet to be appointed.
Membership of the most recent committee was:
- Mr. D. Wood QC, Principal of St Hugh's College Oxford
- Mr. R. H. Stewart, Independent Planning Consultant
- Dr. D. Coombe, Director, The MVA Consultancy
- Dr. P. Goodwin, Director of the Transport Studies Unit, University of Oxford
- Professor P. Hill, Director of the Transport Operations Research Group, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Mr. D. Hutchinson, County Surveyor, Dorset County Council
- Mr. P. Mackie, Senior Lecturer in Economics, University of Leeds
- Miss A. M. Lees, Environmental Adviser. Formerly Controller of Transportation and Development, GLC
- Mr. M. E. G. Taylor, Chairman of Eric R. Taylor (Services) Ltd.