§ Mr. Howard
It is the policy of the Department to publish the results of research undertaken by the research and planning unit. Projects undertaken in 1993–94 are all in the programme for that year, a copy of which is in the House of Commons Library. The 1994–95 programme will be published shortly.
The precise form and publication of future reports are not settled in advance.
The next reports we expect to publish are:
- Intensive Probation in England and Wales:
- An evaluation Policing low-level disorder: Police use of Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986.
- Explaining Reconviction Rates.
- Various British Crime reports.
- Improving bail decisions.
- Public interest case assessment schemes.
- Case screening by the Crown Prosecution Service: How and why cases are terminated.
- Theft of firearms.
- A survey of satisfaction with Group 4's prisoner escort service.
- Practitioners' views of the 1991 Criminal Justice Act.
- The settlement of refugees.
- Study of Vietnamese refugees.
- Neighbourhood Watch.
- Probation Motor Projects.
- Survey of Prison Staff.
- Equal Opportunities and the Fire Service.