HC Deb 11 July 1994 vol 246 c419W
Mr. Hinchliffe

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what guidance she has issued regarding the funding of dedicated social work services in(a) hospice units and (b) within palliative care services generally; and if she will make a statement.

Mr. Bowis

Local authorities are responsible for the cost of social work support to the national health service.