§ Mrs. Gorman
To ask the Secretary of State for Education if he will list the new sixth forms to which he has given approval in(a) grant-maintained schools and (b) local authority schools since April 1992.
§ Mr. Robin Squire
Since April 1992 my right hon. Friend has approved proposals for new sixth forms in 17 grant-maintained schools and two LEA-maintained schools. The schools concerned are:
(a) Grant maintained
- Baverstock GM School, Birmingham
- Small Heath School, Birmingham
- Sawtry Village College, Cambridgeshire
- The Merrill Community School, Derbyshire
- Chellaston School, Derbyshire
- Beauchamps GM School, Essex
- Bromfords School, Essex
- The King John School, Essex
- West Hatch School, Essex
- The Arnewood School, Hampshire
- The Burgate School, Hampshire
- Ringwood School, Hampshire
- The Maplesden Noakes School, Kent
- Sheringham High School, Norfolk
- Highams Park School, Waltham Forest
- Queen Elizabeth School, Warwickshire
- Moseley Park GM School, Wolverhampton.
St. Peter's RC Comprehensive School, Solihull.
My right hon. Friend has also recently approved proposals for the establishment of a new school for pupils aged 11 to 18 years in Halifax, Calderdale, to replace two 11 to 16 schools.