§ Mrs. Beckett
To ask the Secretary of State for Health if she will list(a) the vocational and (b) party political background of the non-executive directors of (i) Brighton Healthcare NHS Trust, (ii) South Downs Healthcare NHS Trust, (iii) the Brighton family health services authority and (iv) East Sussex district health authority; and which of them live in the area covered by the body concerned.
§ Mr. Malone
The names and occupations of non-executive directors of Brighton Healthcare NHS Trust and the South Downs Healthcare NHS Trust are as shown.
Brighton Healthcare NHS Trust
- Mr. J. Whicker: Retired bank director
- Mr. R. Stiles: Chartered surveyor
- Ms S. Innes: Consultant, The Open College
- Professor C. Carnall: Director of Graduate Studies
South Downs Health NHS Trust
- Mr. Q. Barry: Solicitor
- Mrs. J. Langston: Youth worker
- Lady H. Trafford: Company director
- Mr. R. Brett: Bank area director
- Mr. R. Davenport: Information systems manager
NHS trusts do not have a defined catchment area in which directors could be deemed to live.
The appointment of non-executive members of district health authorities and family health services authorities is a matter for regional health authorities which have details of vocational background and addresses of appointees.
Information on the political affiliation of appointees is not collected.