HC Deb 18 April 1994 vol 241 c364W
Mr. Lewis

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment what interim relief of council tax is available to households transferring to higher rated districts due to the implementation of local boundary commission recommendations.

Mr. Baldry

We shall be considering, together with the local authority associations, whether we should provide transitional help to protect countil tax payers where a new authority inherits commitments that otherwise could not be met without increasing council taxes.