§ Mr. Graham
To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland how many licensed incinerators there are in Scotland to deal with toxic waste; and if he will list them.
§ Sir Hector Monro
Incinerators for waste disposal are subject to control under the provisions of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. The enforcing authorities in Scotland are the chief inspector, Her Majesty's industrial pollution inspectorate or the district or islands council in whose area the plant is situated.
Authorisation in respect of incineration processes has been granted by the chief inspector in relation to the 528W facilities in part A of the table. The facilities in part B are those for which an application has been made, but has yet to be determined.
- Glaxochem Ltd., Annan
- Glaxochem Ltd., Montrose
- Nobel's Explosives Ltd., Stevenson
- City of Aberdeen District Council, Aberdeen
- Blagden Packaging Ltd., Paisley
- Caird Environmental Ltd., Renfrew
- City of Dundee District Council, Dundee
- Clackmannan District Council, Alloa
- Orkney Islands Council, Kirkwall
- Shetland Islands Council, Lerwick
- Renfrew District Council, Linwood
- Her Majesty's Naval Base, Rosyth
- Exxon Chemical Olefin Inc., Mossmorran
Information about facilities subject to local authority control is not held centrally.