§ Mr. Gareth Wardell
To ask the Secretary of State for Wales how much money his Department has allocated to each secondary school for the schools technology initiative for(a) grant-maintained 11 to 18 schools, (b) grant-maintained 11 to 16 schools, (c) local authority 11 to 18 schools and (d) local authority 11 to 16 schools.
§ Sir Wyn Roberts
Strategies have been approved for the following schools in each of the categories as follows:
(a) Grant-maintained 11–18 schools
- £245,000 to Bishop Vaughan Grant Maintained School
(b) Grant-maintained 11–16 schools
(c) LEA-Maintained 11–18 schools
£1,403,000 for 6 schools as follows;
- (1) £250,000 to Bedwas Comprehensive School
- (2) £210,000 to Morriston Comprehensive School
- (3) £244,000 to Queen Elizabeth Maridunum School
- (4) £237,000 to Ysgol David Hughes
- (5) £223,000 to Cynffig Comprehensive School
- (6) £239,000 to Ysgol Morgan Llwyd
(d) LEA-Maintained 11–16 schools
- £245,000 to Risca Comprehensive School
In addition to the above, £212,000 was approved for Denbigh technological and vocational education centre within Clwyd education authority.
Grant-maintained school strategies are funded by capital grant and LEA maintained schools by local authority capital credit approvals.