§ Mr. Mackinlay
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport (1) why Lot Airlines has been forbidden to land at Heathrow with effect from 1 November;
(2) what intergovernmental agreements govern flights between London and Warsaw;
(3) when and in what circumstances agreement was made between Her Majesty's Government and the Polish Government and Lot Airlines on the winter flights schedule; and what is his policy on the number of British Airways flights between London and Warsaw;
(4) on what occasions over the last 10 years a dispute has occurred between British Airways and the national carriers of other countries about the increase in the number of flights from London to the other country's principal 343W airports where (a) Her Majesty's Government have been involved and (b) the sanction of removing the permit for the other national carriers to land at Heathrow has been imposed;
(5) when and on what basis Ministers were involved in negotiations with their Polish counterparts, and representatives of Lot Airlines, during October;
(6) what is the policy underlying Her Majesty's Government's support for British Airways to increase the frequency of their winter flights between London and Warsaw; and what impact he expects the increase to have on translantic flights made by United Kingdom and Polish air carriers;
(7) what representations the Government have received from Lot Airlines or the Polish Government on the number of winter flights to Warsaw by British Airways originating in (a) London and (b) north America, and on the summer schedules.
§ Mr. Norris
As talks are currently taking place to resolve the difficulty over the operation of air services between the United Kingdom and Poland, I shall write to the hon. Member.