§ Mr. Gummer
The chief executive of the central veterinary laboratory has submitted his proposals to me and I have agreed that the laboratory should be set the following strategic performance target for 1993–94:
- Financial Performance—full cost recovery for all CVL services
- Efficiency—an overall efficiency gain of 2.5 per cent.
- Service Delivery—80 per cent. of ROAME R & D milestones achieved
- Service Quality—achievement of a satisfactory report from a Visiting Group
- —achievement of laboratory accredi-tations of the Quality Control Unit
These are demanding targets which challenge the laboratory to build on its achievements to date. I commend the chief executive and his staff for the improvements they have already made and wish them well in their endeavours in 1993–94.