§ Mr. Gummer
The efficiency of the agency will continue to be judged primarily through cost recovery. Additional performance measures relating to the objectives of the agency will also be used to measure operating efficiency and quality of service.
The financial targets for the central science laboratory for 1993–94 will be:
- 100 per cent. cost recovery of full costs;
- an overall efficiency gain of 2.5 per cent;
- a reduction of 5 per cent. in real term of representation unit costs for services;
The targets for delivery of services by the central science laboratory will be:
- at least 90 per cent. of work completed to time and within budget;
- at least 95 per cent. of contracts delivered to the customer's satisfaction;
The central science laboratory will continue to implement during 1993–94 arrangements for the independent assessment of the quality of the scientific work and publications. The measures of performance for the agency are set out in the central science laboratory framework document.