HC Deb 23 June 1993 vol 227 c190W
Dr. Strang

To ask the Secretary of State for the environment what grant aid is available for the purpose of restoring redundant farm houses and associated buildings in order that they may again form the basis of an active farming unit.

Sir George Young

There are no grants specifically for this purpose. However, under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989, renovation grants may be available in appropriate cases for repairs and improvements to farm houses and other buildings that have planning consent for conversion to residential use.