HC Deb 22 June 1993 vol 227 c123W
Mr. Trimble

To ask the Secretary of State for Education what steps have been taken to obtain funding from the European Community or other member states in respect of the costs resulting from the enrolment of European Community students for third-level courses in the United Kingdom.

Mr. Boswell

Students from other EC member states attending designated courses of higher education in the United Kingdom qualify for an award covering their course fees up to a specified maximum, where they satisfy basic eligibility conditions similar to those for students who live in the United Kingdom. Reciprocal rights apply to United Kingdom students studying elsewhere in the EC. The Department regularly discusses the distribution of funds for the various EC student mobility programmes with the Commission and representatives of other member states.

Forward to