HC Deb 22 July 1993 vol 229 cc341-2W
Mr. Burden

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment what research his Department has commissioned or conducted into the specific problems encountered by outer-city areas.

Mr. Baldry

In managing its sizeable research effort the Department recognises the need to identify problems wherever they occur. Much of the research it commissions on housing renewal and urban regeneration as well as land use planning is relevant to the various problems encountered in outer-city areas. Individual studies are listed in the Department's annual newsletters, which are available in the House of Commons Library.