HC Deb 21 January 1993 vol 217 c391W
Mr. Marlow

To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, pursuant to his answer of 23 November 1992,Official Report, column 531, if he will allow farmers to submit information to his Department in acres rather than hectares.

Mr. Curry

Most forms and returns submitted to this Department require the use of hectares. However, on certain returns, such as the agricultural and horticultural census return, information can be submitted in acres rather than hectares. This option is shown on the form or return concerned or in the explanatory note associated with it. Hectares are, however, gradually replacing acres as the only acceptable measurement on most such returns and there are no plans to reintroduce the use of acres for these purposes.