HC Deb 15 January 1993 vol 216 c867W
Mr. Dover

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport whether a green card insurance certificate is now no longer required by United Kingdom drivers driving in other European Community countries.

Mr. Kenneth Carlisle

United Kingdom motor insurance policies provide third party cover in all EC member states. Drivers are not required to have a green card though they may find that in some countries the green card is more easily recognised as evidence of insurance than their insurance certificate.

Forward to