§ Mr. Curry
The terms and conditions set out in the permission given to the Quantock staghounds hunt by the Forestry Commission are as follows:
- 1. The permission is limited to scheduled hunting days only.
- 2. Vehicles may only be taken into the Great Wood on specified routes, and subject to a speed limit of 15 mph.
- 3. Priority of passage is given at all times to forestry and other traffic, and to pedestrians.
- 4. The Quantock staghounds hunt to indemnify the Forestry Commission in the sum of £500,000 in respect of claims for damage, loss, or injury to Forestry Commission employees and property, similarly third party claims arising from exercise of the permission.
- 5. The Forestry Commission cannot accept any responsibility for loss, damage or injury suffered by the hunt or their followers during their exercise of the permission—which is given on the basis that it is at the user's own risk.
- 6. The permission does not give or imply any exclusive or permanent user rights by the hunt and their followers.
- 7. Hunt followers to carry windscreen stickers or other means of identification.
- 8. Smoking to be prohibited.
- 9. No carcase to be gralloched within 30 ft of running water.
- 10. One landrover or similar vehicle will be allowed to travel on the general road network to collect carcasses as an exception to the general rule but for no other purpose.
- 11. The staghounds to be responsible for the observance of the commission's byelaws by members of the hunt and their followers.
§ Mr. Curry
Senior members of the Quantock staghounds hunt attend at least one formal meeting each year with Forestry Commission staff. Contacts are also maintained, as necessary, between the commission and the hunt's vehicle steward. In addition, Forestry Commission staff carry out random checks on hunt days to ensure that the conditions of the permit are being followed.