HC Deb 17 February 1993 vol 219 c270W
Mr. Frank Field

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment to what extent discretion is used in determining the amount of housing association grant available in each local authority's area; and what performance indicators are used in the exercise of the discretion.

Mr. Baldry

The Housing Corporation allocates 80 per cent. of the resources to a particular local authority area, over a three year period, in accordance with housing need, as measured by the housing needs indicator (HNI). The remaining 20 per cent. is distributed in the light of particular local circumstances, including the value for money of projects submitted by housing associations. Local priorities are discussed between housing authorities and the regional offices of the Housing Corporation before decisions are taken.