HC Deb 08 February 1993 vol 218 c465W
Mr. Bowden

To ask the Secretary of State for Health in what circumstances a local authority may make arrangements for continuing nursing care of a person in hospital, without seeking the consent of the person involved; and how the position will change from 1 April.

Mr. Sackville

Local authorities currently have no power to make arrangements for continuing nursing care. From 1 April they will be able to make arrangements for nursing home care, but except in certain very exceptional cases, local authorities have no power to provide care for people without their consent.

Forward to