HC Deb 20 May 1992 vol 208 cc171-2W
Mr. Shersby

To ask the Secretary of State for Health if she will make a statement on the progress that has been made in artifically increasing the fluoride content of the water supply in England during the most recent 12-month period for which information is available.

Dr. Mawhinney

It is for health authorities to apply to water undertakers to increase the levels of fluoride in water supplies, following local consultation. Information on the progress made is not collected centrally.