HC Deb 12 March 1992 vol 205 c646W
Mr. Nellist

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment what requirements his Department places on local authorities to assist travelling showpeople regarding winter quarters; how many local authorities provide sites; how many sites are known to be in dispute regarding planning permission; and what proposals he has to assist in the securing of suitable land for sites.

Mr. Yeo

My Department's circular 22/91— "Travelling Showpeople"—gives advice to local planning authorities about planning consideration relating to travelling showpeople. Information about sites is not held centrally.