§ Mr. Chope
The Department of Transport's report for 1992—Cm 1907—contains outturn figures for 1990–91 and provisional outturn figures for 1991–92 for:—
- (a) Capital expenditure on new construction and improvement of national roads—those for which the Secretary of State is the highway authority,
- (b) capital expenditure on structural maintenance of national roads,
- (c) current expenditure on national roads,
- (d) expenditure on priority routes in London,
- (e) current expenditure on local roads—those for which local authorities are the highway authorities, and
- (f) capital expenditure on local roads.
These figures relate to England. Roads in Scotland and Wales are the responsibility of my right hon. Friends the Secretary of State for Scotland and the Secretary of State for Wales.
Information from the Home Office on the costs of policing roads in 1991 is not yet available.