HC Deb 02 June 1992 vol 208 cc407-8W
Mr. Luff

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what guidance his Department gives to police authorities over the repossession of police homes occupied by the wives and families of policemen from whom the wife is separated or against whom divorce proceedings are under way.

Mr. Charles Wardle

No guidance is currently issued by the Home Office since occupation is a matter for the police authority concerned. However, a joint working party has recently been set up by the two sides of the Police Negotiating Board for the purpose of drawing up guidelines.