§ Mrs. Roche
To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security, pursuant to his answer to the hon. and learned Member for Leicester, West (Mr. Janner) of 30 June,Official Report, column 503, how many and what proportion of his Department's employees were registered disabled in 1989 and 1990.
§ Mr. Burt
The information for the Department and its executive agencies is in the tables:
Grade Total Registered disabled Percentage As at 1 June 1989 1 to 7 703.0 1.0 0.1 Others 81,751.0 1,262.0 1.5 Total 82,454.0 1,263.0 1.5 As at 1 June 1990 1 to 7 730.5 2.0 0.3 Others 79,377.0 1,374.5 1.7 TOTAL 80,750.5 1,376.5 1.7
1. The figures do not include staff with disabilities who choose not to register or chose not to disclose their registration.
2. The figures do not include registered disabled people employed under the sheltered placement scheme.
3. For each grade, all non-industrial staff in equivalent grades are included.
4. The figures for grades 1 to 7 have been grouped together as the numbers of registered disabled staff in these grades are very small and they risk identifying an individual.
5. All figures are full-time equivalents.