HC Deb 10 July 1992 vol 211 c370W
Mr. Duncan

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will list the statutory provisions that relate to the holding of rave parties in rural areas; whether he has any plans to revise the existing legislation; and whether he has any plans to introduce further measures to control such events.

Mr. Charles Wardle

Provisions of the London Government Act 1963, the Private Places of Entertainment (Licensing) Act 1967 or the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982, all as amended by the Entertainments (Increased Penalties) Act 1990 may, depending on the circumstances of each case, require the licensing of places used for such events. Other, more general, provisions of the criminal and civil law may also apply in particular cases. We have no present plans to amend these provisions or to introduce any new legislation to control events of this kind, but we keep the matter under review.

Forward to