HC Deb 29 January 1992 vol 202 c560W
Dame Janet Fookes

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment what guidance is issued to local authorities regarding the humane control of Canada geese; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Trippier

Subject to the requirements of the EC birds directive and the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, it is for the local authorities who wish to control Canada geese to decide what methods may be appropriate, but they can seek technical advice from the Agricultural Development Advisory Service—ADAS—or English Nature.