HC Deb 20 January 1992 vol 202 c67W
Mr. Fearn

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment what initiatives his Department has undertaken to encourage self-build projects.

Mr. Yeo

The Housing Association has a statutory responsibility to promote and assist self-build societies. It provides general advice on how to set up a group and on the use of consultants. The Housing Corporation has recently introduced a pilot programme of grants to enable self-build groups to buy their homes on shared ownership terms. Subject to the consent of the Secretary of State, local