§ Mr. Andrew Welsh
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if he will give figures showing the number and location per sector of incidents relating to the use of cliff rescue equipment by Her Majesty's coastguard service between Montrose and Easthaven.
§ Mr. McLoughlin
The figures for 1989, 1990 and 1991 are as follows:
- 1989—Three incidents recorded:
- Person with suspected broken leg recovered by Arbroath RNLI inshore lifeboat. Cliff team in attendance.
- Girl with suspected broken ankle recovered by cliff team from top of cliffs at Carlen Heugh Bay.
- Helicopter lifted boy with head injuries from cliffs at Auchmithie. Cliff team in attendance.
- 1990—Two incidents recorded:
- Search for missing person along cliffs north of Arbroath. Nothing found.
- Sector officer investigated sighting of a motor bike at the foot of cliffs at Auchmithie. False alarm.
- 1991—One incident recorded:
- Person down cliff 3 miles NE of Arbroath. Both Arbroath and Montrose cliff teams assisted in the person's recovery by helicopter.