HC Deb 24 February 1992 vol 204 c407W
Sir David Mitchell

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will introduce legislation to require the chairman of a parish or town council to advise each member of the council of a vacancy for a councillor.

Mr. Portillo

I have been asked to reply.

A parish council must give immediate public notice of a vacancy by posting a notice in some conspicuous place or places within its area. I have no plans to add to that requirement.