HC Deb 07 February 1992 vol 203 c309W
Mr. Meale

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what allowances or payments in compensation for loss of earnings are available to lay visitors to prisoners held in police cells.

Mr. Peter Lloyd

Home Office guidance to police authorities is that travelling expenses will be payable to lay visitors on the same basis as to members of authorities when travelling on authority business.

Back to