HC Deb 10 December 1992 vol 215 c733W
Mr. Conway

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether he will review the advice and financial assistance given in respect of public buildings damaged by terrorist action on mainland Britain following the IRA bombing of Shrewsbury castle.

Mr. Kenneth Clarke

Advice on the protective security of buildings is available from chief officers of police. In Great Britain, where insurance cover is available in respect of criminal damage to property, including damage caused by acts of terrorism, the Government do not provide any financial assistance.