HC Deb 11 November 1991 vol 198 cc335-6W
Sir. John Stanley

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport when he will be using his new powers under the Planning and Compensation Act 1991 to make voluntary acquisitions of blighted homes regardless of their distance from the proposed new highway scheme in question.

Mr. Chope

Section 62 of the Planning and Compensation Act 1991 gives my right hon. Friend the power to acquire property which in his opinion will be seriously affected by the Department's road schemes. The criteria by which he will exercise his discretion are under consideration.