§ Mr. David Porter
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport if he will make a statement detailing his plans for the future of the A12 trunk road in Suffolk in respect of dualling and bypasses; and the latest timetable for each section.
§ Mr. Chope
The proposals to upgrade the A12 in Suffolk north of Ipswich to a two-lane dual carriageway have been split into five schemes. The latest timetables for each section are as follows. The whole programme of improvements should be completed by the end of the decade.
- (1) Martlesham to Wickham Market:—Preferred route decision Autumn 1992.
- (2) Wickham Market to Saxmundham Bypass:—Publication of draft orders Summer 1992.
- (3) Saxmundham Bypass dualling:—Publication of draft orders Spring 1993.
- (4) Saxmundham Bypass—South of Wrentham:—Preferred route decision late 1993.
- (5) South of Wrentham-Kessingland:—Preferred route decision late 1992.