HC Deb 22 March 1991 vol 188 c238W
Mr. Wigley

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security (1) if he will introduce legislation to provide a water rate rebate system for those on low incomes;

(2) if he will introduce an additional element into the income support system to give extra payments to all persons who have water bills in excess of £50 per adult person in that household.

Mr. Scott

We have no plans to do so. Income-related benefits are intended to cover all normal living expenses, including those for utilities such as water and fuel.