HC Deb 11 March 1991 vol 187 c369W
Mr. Simon Hughes

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment what is his present policy in respect of the dry storage of radioactive material.

Mr. Trippier

Other than on licensed nuclear sites, no person shall keep, use, or cause or permit to be kept or used, radioactive material unless he is registered under the Radioactive Substances Act 1960 or exempted from being so. Dry storage of spent nuclear fuel is a matter for my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Energy.