HC Deb 11 March 1991 vol 187 c413W
Mr. Hinchliffe

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security, pursuant to his answer of 6 March to the hon. Member for Wakefield, whether, if a suitable person acting on behalf of the resident placed in a care home trust is a local authority social worker, the resident would be eligible for income support.

Miss Widdecombe

Eligibility for income support is not affected by the person acting as appointee, but is based solely on the circumstances of the individual claimant.