HC Deb 26 June 1991 vol 193 c481W
Mrs. Mahon

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what information he has on how much compensation, in out of court settlements, has been paid by each police authority for each of the last five years that figures are available.

Mr. Peter Lloyd

Out-of-court settlements are made under section 48(2) (b) of the Police Act 1964 at the discretion of the police authority concerned; the information requested is not held centrally.